Connecting to Your Data
Single Origin supports connections to the following data systems:
Currently, each customer can connect their account to one system at a time. In the future:
- we will support additional query engines such as Amazon Redshift
- we will support multiple data systems per customer
To connect to a system, Single Origin requires two types of connectors to be set up in Mission Control:
- An admin must set up a Single Origin Connector to collect schema metadata and support semantic management. This connector does not need to be able to query your data unless you would like Single Origin to profile table statistics automatically.
- After an admin has set up a Single Origin Connector, each user must set up a Personal Connector to the same data system. This connector will execute queries on behalf of the user. It is personal to the user, and no other user can see or use this connector.
The privileges required for each connector type are outlined below.
|Connector Type||Required Permissions||Optional Permissions|
|Single Origin||Query table schema metadata||Ability to query data. This enables importing SQL queries from Query History tables, as well as dataset profiling.|
|Personal||Ability to access some (or all) tables in the data system||Ability to query data.|
Single Origin takes data security seriously and implements the following security measures:
- Key Management Service in place for encryption keys
- Data at rest is encrypted using AES-256
- Data in transit is encrypted with TLS 1.2 or higher encryption
Updated 7 months ago